Monday, March 12, 2012

2012 NCAA Mens Tournament



There is your 2012 March Madness NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament schedule. It should be a fun tournament to watch as there are a lot of great teams. Unfortunately my Gophers didn't make it to the tournament, but I do have one team to cheer for. Gotta go with the home team and cheer for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. They have a pretty good team, including Nate Wolters who has been dominant for the Jacks this year. However, in the first round they face off against Baylor, who I think could be a possible Final Four team this year. There is no slowing down their athleticism, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a player near South Dakota that can keep up with Baylor forward Quincy Acy.
My picks for the Final Four are a bit interesting this year. Of course, I gotta go with Kentucky in the South. They are just too athletic and can score on you from the inside and outside. They are gonna be tough to stop. Interestingly, I'm gonna go with another SEC team in the West. I really think Florida is a great team, and I thought they got ripped off with just a 7 seed in the tourney. I think it will come down to a matchup between Mizzou and the Gators for that section of the bracket. In the East, I'm going with another upset, picking the Cincinnati Bearcats. I don't know why I'm picking them, but I thought they looked like a great in their conference tournament, and it is gonna be tough to stop Yancy Gates down there in the post. And lastly, I'm gonna take North Carolina in the Midwest. I think Harrison Barnes is the best player in college basketball, and he is gonna take that team far. Also look out for Tyler Zeller who could be huge in their performances over the next few weekends.
I'm not a huge college basketball fan, but from the little bit that I watch, I have to offer some kind of prediction. This is what I got right here, and hopefully I'm not too big of a goon with these picks. Good luck to everyone in the tournament, it's gotta feel great just to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment