Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Peyton Manning to be Released



It has just been announced that Peyton Manning will be released by the Indianapolis Colts tomorrow. After 15 years in the league as a Colt, Manning will find a new home next fall. The team is cutting Manning to avoid a $28 million cap hit, making him the most coveted free agent since Reggie White. Manning has been the face of this Colts franchise since his rookie year in the league. Sad day to see Manning leave his team that he basically built. I'm hoping he ends up in a good place where he can finish his great career. I'm thinking he will get offers from Washington, Cleveland, and the New York Jets. Wherever he goes, I'm sure he'll be great, because he is just a great player and a great leader.
This most certainly means that Andrew Luck will be in Indianapolis next season. I would be surprised if the Colts went with anyone different. I don't know how great this will be for Luck however. With Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon potentially leaving Indy, there are not gonna be a lot of weapons for Luck to go to. I wouldn't expect Luck to get far next season, but hopefully that doesn't slow him down. I think he'll be an amazing quarterback in the future. He could even be the next Peyton Manning.

No comments:

Post a Comment