Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gophers to the NIT Championship



Of course I go to the U of M and I enjoy watching a little Gophers basketball. So the last couple weeks have been pretty fun, as the Gophers have actually looked like a whole new team. They have made it to the NIT Championship game which is pretty sweet. I didn't think we'd make the actual tourney, so for us to make it to the championship here is pretty fricken' sweet. The Gophers will play against Stanford Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
And head coach Tubby Smith had to be proud of the guys on his team for pulling it together here at the end of the season. "I'm just so proud of their perseverance, and their ability to overcome so many distractions," Smith said. "Just amazing... It's one of the hardest-working groups of kids I've ever worked with."

No comments:

Post a Comment