Sunday, March 4, 2012

Saints Organized Bounty



I'm sure everybody has heard the news of the New Orleans Saints bounty to injure opposing players, administered by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. This is particularly interesting to Vikings fans, such as myself, as well as Cardinals fans. Everyone saw the dirty hits the Saints laid out on Kurt Warner in the NFC Divisional Playoffs in 2009. Then Brett Favre took those dirty hits the next week in the conference championship. I'm sure it is likely that other teams have bounties in the NFL, but this is the only one I'm hearing of, other than that in Washington where Gregg Williams was also coaching...
I think there needs to be major punishment to this team and especially the coaches and players involved. Anyone who is purposely trying to hurt players deserves nothing less than a big fine and suspension. I would hope that Gregg Williams gets suspended for the season, as well as some of those guys who were leading the charge.
Of course Darren Sharper denied the allegations that there was a $10,000 bounty to knock out Favre in the championship game. But looking back it is pretty obvious that they were trying to kill the guy... I gotta give some credit to Favre for sticking in that game and playing the whole thing. He showed just how tough it is to knock out the Ironman of the NFL. Even $10,000 couldn't take out Favre. Heres how Percy Harvin responded on Twitter the other day...

I hope what I'm hearing on this bounty program saints had on my man Brett ain't true

No comments:

Post a Comment