Monday, November 14, 2011

The Demise of the Detroit Lions


Just like I called it 5 weeks ago, when the Lions were on top of the league with a 5-0 record. This team is going to fall apart. The offense is too young, and the defense is weak in the secondary. I still don't think the Lions will make the playoffs, and they are hinting that this may be the case. Out of their remaining 7 games, I see them possibly coming away with two victories, over the Panthers and the Raiders.
Jim Schwartz continues to show that his team cannot get anything done without hitting up Calvin Johnson. Stopping the Lions is simple: Keep Johnson out of the endzone. Who else is gonna go up and get a lame duck ball thrown by Matt Stafford?? By the way, I definitely thought it was pretty poor sportsmanship to throw D.J. Moore down to the ground by the back of his helmet in the game yesterday. Come on dude, you threw a horrible pick. Be a man about it.
Also, Ndamukong Suh is kind of a dork. After being labeled as a dirty player he met with Commissioner Goodell last week. But yesterday after throwing Cutler to the ground by his helmet, I think he keeps his reputation as a dirty player. I liked the tweet from @richeisen:


Rich Eisen
I guess Suh and the Commissioner didn't go over the helmet rip last week.

We will see if the Lions continue to fall apart or if they can finally get something going over the next few weeks. I know I'm a homer, but I definitely think the Vikes should have no problem putting them away later this year. I hope this is a post I can look back on and say I called it, because I really do not want to see a guy like Jim Schwartz get credit for anything. He's shown all year just to be a very bad sport about things.


No comments:

Post a Comment