Monday, November 28, 2011

Stevie Johnson Celebration Mocks Plaxico Burress


I already posted a video this year from a Bills vs. Jets game! But I had to share this video, which every football fan saw yesterday. Stevie Johnson scores a TD on Darrelle Revis and mocks Plaxico Burress by simulating shooting himself in the leg. He then fell on the ground, which caused him to get a personal foul.
I like Stevie Johnson, but that is just flat out dumb. Especially since he set up good field position for the Jets and Plax went down and scored a TD on that drive, and the Bills ultimately lost the game. I would expect Johnson to receive a fine for the celebration for sure. Plax was also the guy who made a great catch on the Jets final touchdown drive to win the game.
After the game, Johnson was very apologetic about the celebration, feeling like he had cost his team a loss.
Burress was very mature following the game. "I've seen worse, and I've heard worse," Burress said. "So, it doesn't bother me at all. The result I'm looking at is we won the football game.
"I mean, I've already been through the ringer with that whole situation, so I've dealt with it accordingly and put those things behind me. You're going to see things, you're going to hear things, or whatever it may be, but it doesn't bother me at all.
"He's a young player and I like him a lot. I think he's a great young talent and is going to be a great player in this league."

No comments:

Post a Comment