Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Leinart to Start Sunday


Matt Leinart is starting this weekend for the Houston Texans, and I have to say... I'm actually quite excited to see him play. I was a big fan of Leinart in college when he was at USC along with Reggie Bush (who I am also a big fan of), and I was hoping that I would be able to see him play more. Well, this is the week I will get to see him. At 7-3, the Texans are taking on a below average Jaguars team at 3-7, led by rookie quarterback Blaine Gabbert. And since Houston is coming off the bye week, Leinart has had a plenty of time to get used to his starting role before taking the field.
"I've worked hard, I've been focused every day since I've been here, preparing for an opportunity like this, just in case this ever came up," Leinart told the Washington Post yesterday. "Now it's just time to take all that preparation onto the field."
I expect a big week from Leinart, and I'm really hoping that he shows signs that he could be a starting quarterback somewhere. I would love to see him end up in Miami or Washington in the off-season, where he could probably take that role. Good luck this week Matt! Looking forward to watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment