Thursday, December 22, 2011

Matt Barkley Returning to USC


I posted earlier this week about Matt Kalil returning to USC for another season. Different story for Matt Barkley... Barkley announced today that he is returning for one more season with the Trojans. He was definitely a top 10 pick this year, and will probably be in that running again next year, barring injury or just a terrible season.
I don't really think Barkley is as great as everyone says. I think he might be decent in the NFL, but I saw him make a lot of poor throws at USC this year, and I can't say he should be worth a top 10 pick, but I know a lot of people would disagree. He does have a good group of receivers to return to, including Robert Woods. I think Woods might be the top receiver in the nation right now, right up there with Justin Blackmon.
We'll see if this was a good decision for Barkley. He seems like a real nice guy, so I hope things work out for him. The speech from Lane Kiffin today was great, too bad I couldn't find video. Evidently Barkley made a Christmas ornament for Kiffin of them hugging on the field. Kiffin thought it was a little cheesy and weird at first, but Barkley told him to turn it over and read the back, which read: "One More Year"
Class act from Barkley, and a great Christmas present for his coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment