Friday, April 27, 2012

NFL Draft: Round 1 Recap



As expected, the NFL Draft was freakin' awesome in round one! I love watching the Draft every year. It's so awesome to see these guys get drafted and have their dreams come true. This year is especially fun since the Vikes drafted early. As expected, Andrew Luck went number one, followed by Robert Griffin III at two were the first two picks. After trading to the Browns, who took Trent Richardson with the third pick, the Vikes grabbed big offensive tackle Matt Kalil from USC. This dude is a total beast, and I can't wait to see him blocking for Adrian and keeping Ponder safe all year.
There were a few strange picks as well. I definitely was not expecting Seattle to take Bruce Irvin with that high of a pick at 15. Also I thought Shea McClellin went to high at 19 to Chicago. The best part of the draft to me was at pick number 29. The Vikings trade up and take probably my favorite guy in the draft: Harrison Smith. The safety from Notre Dame was a four-year starter, and the only player to record 200+ tackles in his career at ND. Not to mention the guy is also a ball hawk and finished with seven interceptions last year. Can't wait to see this kid play.
There is more Draft tomorrow starting at 6pm. I am definitely ready for a weekend full of this. No plans for the weekend, but chillin' and watching the draft. I'd love to see the Vikes take Brandon Boykin from Georgia with that 3rd rounder tomorrow. I think he will definitely be a good choice. We'll see what we can get though!

No comments:

Post a Comment