Thursday, January 19, 2012

Future of Peyton Manning



With the new predictions coming from actor Rob Lowe on Peyton Manning's retirement, it really got me thinking about what will happen to Peyton?? Well I've thought about it, and there really are only three possible situations for him next season.
One thing that could happen is that he could be the starter for the Colts. This would probably be my favorite outcome, where Manning would basically be the leader to young Andrew Luck, who would take over the job in two or three years. I would really like to see Manning end his career with the team he was drafted by and had a great career with. I always like seeing the greats start and finish their years with the same team, showing that they are dedicated to that city.
Another possibility for Manning is that he could retire, as Lowe guessed. Although it would be sad to see him leave the game after this brutal season from the Colts, I would not be surprised, and Manning would still leave as a legend to the game. I could even see him become a coach in the very near future. Look at him up there, he even looks like a great coach. I'm a big Leslie Frazier fan, but maybe Peyton could come work with Christian Ponder in Minnesota...
And last, but also very likely, Peyton could be traded to another team. This would most likely either be the Jets or the Redskins. Outside of Luck and Griffin III, there really isn't a strong quarterback class in this year's draft. Both NYJ and Washington are gonna need to make some free agent acquisitions or trades this offseason if they want new quarterbacks. I could definitely see Matt Flynn going to one of these teams, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning traded to the other. I would hope he doesn't run into a Favre-esque situation to end his career, so I think would be best if he ended his career in Indianapolis. Whatever happens, I hope for the best for Peyton and his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment