Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NFL Playoffs 2011


The Playoffs start next weekend and they are looking exciting. Can't wait to see what happens, and hopefully the Lions and the Packers don't come away with any big victories... I got a few predictions of my own for this year:
To start off Wild Card weekend, we got a few interesting games. I think the Steelers vs Broncos will be a close one. Both teams with very good defenses, but I think the run defense in Pittsburgh will shut down Tebow, so the Steelers will win that one. The Bengals and the Texans both have had interesting seasons. They both started off hot, but with Jake Delhomme in at quarterback, I just don't think Houston will go too far, so I'm picking the Bengals in this one. In the NFC, Falcons vs Giants is another great game. The Giants can be an amazing team at times, but they have shown to be inconsistent. But I just can't pick against Coughlin in the playoffs, Giants win that one. And finally Saints vs Lions, I really can't pick against Brees, even though the defense has been shady. I think the Saints are gonna win in a high scoring game.
Then we shift over to the Divisional round. In the AFC, if I'm correct, the Bengals would face New England. I think this one could be a blowout, as the rookie Andy Dalton has no chance of keeping up with Tom Brady. Then it is a classic Ravens vs Steelers matchup. This is always a heated rivalry that comes down to the wire, and I'm gonna have to give it to Baltimore because of home-field advantage. It should be a great matchup though and I would love to see it. Then in the NFC we would have Packers vs Giants. I think this is another close one, because of the way New York played against Green Bay last time these two teams faced each other. Eli has been great in the playoffs over the years, but I think I gotta give the edge to Rodgers and the Packers. Then we have 49ers vs Saints. I'd have to say the Saints are gonna come away with this one, but the 49ers are a hell of a team, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in upcoming years. Jim Harbaugh should be coach of the year in my opinion. So that wraps up the Divisional round.
On to the Conference Championships. Ravens vs Patriots. I gotta go with Tom Brady. He has too much passion to not make it to the Super Bowl, and I would love to see him win another. It would be cool if Ochocinco could get a ring too. Then we got Packers vs Saints. I said it earlier this season: Brees is MVP and there is no way that the Packers defense can stop him. Saints win it in a blowout.
Super Bowl XLVI - My prediction: Patriots vs Saints.... Should be a great matchup as always, and a high scoring game. Brees vs Brady, Payton vs Belichick, there is nothing better. I think I would have to go with the Pats in this game. I think Brady has shown to be back on his game this season and he has had great targets all season long. I think I'm taking the Pats mainly because it is just too hard for me to pick against Bill Belichick. This guy is a genius. Final score in this matchup - 35-31 Pats over Saints.
Even though my team is not in it for a second consecutive year, I think this should be a fun postseason to watch. Keep an eye on the passing games, because I think that is what will determine who wins games in the end. Really looking forward to these great playoff matchups.

No comments:

Post a Comment