Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012 NFL Awards Show



Before the Super Bowl gets started I just gotta give an update on how the NFL Awards Show went last night. It was an exciting night, with some great performances, especially by Lenny Kravitz. We even got to see Alec Baldwin "Tebow" on stage, which was very entertaining. So here's how things went:
Most Valuable Player: Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
MVP went to Aaron Rodgers even though I definitely thought it should have went to Drew Brees. It must have been pretty close though, because Brees was awarded the top offensive award. Regardless, both players had great seasons and I have to give a congrats to Rodgers for the award.
Offensive Player: Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
Brees absolutely deserves this award. Just a great season in which he destroyed Dan Marino's passing record. I thought there was no way his offense could be beat, but the Niners proved me wrong. I think Brees would have been awarded with the MVP award as well if he had gotten his team to the Super Bowl. Great season Drew, congrats.
Defensive Player: Terrell Suggs, OLB, Baltimore Ravens
Terrell Suggs is just a beast. I don't know how Jared Allen didn't get this award. Probably because of his crappy team. But I don't think that should matter if you come up half a sack short of the record... Anyway, how can you argue against Terrell Suggs. This dude is awesome, and if Allen isn't gonna win it, then I'm glad that Suggs did.
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
I made a case earlier this year for Andy Dalton at ROY, but Cam is equally deserving. Just a phenomenal player and we're all looking forward to his future with the Panthers. Congrats and good luck to Cam in the future.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos
Von Miller is also another beast of a player. Everyone knew he would be in position to receive this award, but the decision came between him and Aldon Smith. Looking forward to some bright careers out of both of these guys and a big congrats to Von Miller.
Walter Payton Award: Matt Birk, C, Baltimore Ravens
I always knew that big Matty Birk was a good dude with all his years in Minnesota and I'm happy he got this award. He's a cool guy and I know he does a lot in the community. Way to go Matt and congratulations.
Never Say Never Moment: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos
You know Tebow Time was gonna be in the mix with all the awesome games he had. He got this award for the amazing comeback he had against Chicago. Also gotta give a ton of credit to Matt Prater for hitting those field goals. You all know I'm a huge Tebow fan, so I'm really happy to see him get this award. Good work Timmy.
Play of the Year: Randall Cobb, KR, Green Bay Packers
And finally, the play of the year came in the first game of the year, as the Packers defeated the Saints. Randall Cobb took in an amazing kick return in that game which deserved to be play of the year. He's another young one so we are excited to see his future as well, although I'm hoping he has no big games against the Vikes. Good job Randall.

No comments:

Post a Comment