Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Michael Beasley Trade Rumors



So with the All-Star break wrapped up, we now are getting a ton of reports that the Lakers are interested in a trade with the Wolves for forward Michael Beasley. The trade would most likely involve just Beasley and a draft pick. I've been a huge Be-Easy fan since he joined the team a couple years ago, and I would not be happy to see him go. He's a big dude with a lot of raw talent that he can certainly develop. I don't get why teams in the NBA give up on guys like Beasley after a few years, especially when they are really young. Beasley is just 23 years old and has a lot of game ahead of him. And to give him up for just a draft pick?? Come on, no way! I hope the Wolves will do the right thing and keep Beasley around, because I would definitely hate to see him go.
The trade rumors initially involved the Lakers giving up Pau Gasol, which would have also thrown Derrick Williams into the mix. I'm a giant Pau fan, but even I know that would be a dumb trade... I just think the NBA has some weird ass trade situations and I don't understand them half the time. I definitely think we need to stick to our younger guys and build around them. Kevin Love, Wes Johnson, Ricky Rubio, Michael Beasley, and Derrick Williams are all young guys and we need to hold on to them so we can be an awesome team in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment