Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vikings Draft Prospects



So what are the Vikes gonna do in the draft this year? I have no freakin' clue, but I have some ideas. We have a lot of holes to fill, so anyone would help right now. This also one of the more talented drafts in my opinion. Here are the guys that I would love to see playing in purple next year:
1) Matt Kalil - OT, USC
Kalil is huge dude and he knows how to block defenders. He is especially good pass blocker, which is exactly what we need in Minnesota. Ponder is gonna need a lot of protection in his second year, especially since we have some injuries to our backfield. I hope we can also grab a receiver in the later rounds to really build this offense around Ponder. That is a key issue for the Vikes this year, so I think Kalil is the best pick at this spot.
2) Morris Claiborne - CB, LSU
This might be the best player in the draft right here, which is why it is very difficult to pass on Claiborne. He can just flat out defend and he has great size. He has awesome awareness and can catch to make big plays. I definitely think this guy is gonna be one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL at some point in his career. He is gonna be able to take on any receiver. There wasn't a single guy that could beat Claiborne in college so he has proven he is ready for the next level. I'd love to see the Vikings grab Claiborne here as well, as we need a lot of help in our secondary. He would be a huge addition to our defense.
3) Justin Blackmon - WR, Oklahoma St.
I think St. Louis will probably be taking Blackmon with the second overall pick, but if not, maybe the Vikes will take a chance on him. I don't think he is going to be anything fantastic, but he definitely has the skills to make it in the NFL. His speed is one of the main attributes that will help him to succeed as a pro. I don't think the Vikes will have a chance at him, but you never know. He would also be a big factor to help out Ponder and the rest of our offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment