Friday, February 17, 2012

2nd Round Draft Prediction: Mohamed Sanu to the Vikings?



I haven't done as much draft research as I need to be doing, but I have found a few guys that I think could be big names in the NFL. Last week I discussed the first round options for the Vikes with their 3rd overall pick. I think I've come to the conclusion that Morris Claiborne is the best pick at that spot, but I wouldn't mind drafting Matt Kalil there either.
Then there is discussion of who the Vikes take in the second round. With the 35th overall pick, I wouldn't mind, and it wouldn't surprise me, if we went after a receiver. I don't think our receivers are too bad right now, but after seeing the highlights and the stats that this guy put up, I would love it if we took Mohamed Sanu right here. This guy is insanely athletic and catches anything thrown his way. In fact, the most surprising thing to me in mock drafts is that this guy isn't a top 20 pick. Is there something I'm missing here??
Sanu led Rutgers last year with 115 catches for 1206 yards and seven touchdowns. And at 6'2" with 215 lbs, the dude has some pretty good size. He is a tremendous blocker which is a huge positive for a receiver these days. He has a lot of raw talent, and I've read that he needs to work on his route running techniques, but other than that he seems to be an all-around good football player. Everywhere I've read that he is very coachable and a really smart kid. I just don't know how he isn't considered a higher pick! Maybe the combine will change people's minds, but if not, I really hope the Vikes can snag this guy at 35th. I really can't wait to look back on this post in a few years and see if I was correct with this prediction. Mohamed Sanu is a beast! Here's a quick highlight vid:

No comments:

Post a Comment